Sunday, February 6, 2011

1/2 way

Hello!

Wow, I can't believe I am already half way done with my student teaching in Ireland!! It has gone by so fast!  It seems like just yesterday that I started in the Grianach House School.  Well this week really didn't improve all that much.  I am starting to get burnt out writing all these lessons and doing homework.  It seems that homework and lesson planning is all I have time for these days.

On Thursday my teacher left the school for a couple of hours and left me in charge of the class...they definitely tried to take advantage of that situation.   They started off very good, but as the time went on they got worse and worse.  I think the problem is, that I have only really been teaching 4 of the students, so those are the only 4 students who know and think of me as a teacher.  My teacher heard me discussing with the students about their actions and behaviors and what Mrs. Ford would think about how they were behaving, and she was very disappointed with their behaviors while she was gone.  My four students that I work with are great, they are adjusting to having me as a teacher and having more of a lesson than a self-guided work time.  It is hard for them because they normally just get to keep working on unit after unit in their workbooks, but since I am teaching we are only doing maybe a unit a day because I am planning more lesson time in, and they are having a hard time just stopping, they just want to keep going in their workbooks.  But they are getting the hang of it, and seem to be enjoying having me as their teacher.

This weekend was a very low key weekend for me and the rest of us.  On Friday night I just hung out at my house, I wasn't really in the best mood.  On Saturday, I wrote about 6 lessons!  Also on Saturday, Cassie, David, and I went into town and got lunch at a fish and chips restaurant...I really wasn't feeling the fish even though I have been eating some fish while I have been here, so I ordered chicken and chips.  Later that afternoon, Brendean, David, Cassie, and I watched the movie Shawshenk Redemption.  It was a very good movie.  We had a slight problem though when watching the movie, it kept freezing and finally it froze and wouldn't start back up and then we tried it in Cassie's computer and it worked perfectly...so we ended up having to finish watching the movie on Cassie's laptop..that was something--4 people to one computer screen!  So today we mentioned to Steve about how his DVD player didn't really play the movie and that we had to watch it on a computer and he said yea its not very good...so hopefully he gets us a new one!?  lol.   As for today, well I did just like I have done for the past 2 or 3 Sunday's and have done homework/lesson planning all day.  I am up to 14 lessons written for the week!! Only about 5 more to go for this week.

So its Super Bowl Sunday, and I will be sleeping during the game.  haha.  I would love to stay up and watch it with David and possibly Brendean if she decides to stay up, but I will be wayyyyy to tired the next morning to function if I stay up to watch it.  The game doesn't start till 11:30 our time..I don't really care who wins, so good luck to both teams!  lol  

Take care and enjoy the super bowl!  Have a drink and eat some super bowl snacks for me! :)

<3 Amber

No comments: