Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hello!  

So much to talk about.   This was quite the busy and stressful week.  On Tuesday, I got observed by a professor from UMD.  The following night we went out to dinner with her.  We went to eat at a place called "The Couch Potato".  You could get just about anything on a potato.  I got a potato called the HAWAII 5-0.  It was delicious! :)  
Hawaii 5-0


This weekend was Brendean's birthday.  So on Friday night, Texas, Brendean, Megan, Emily, and I went out.  We first went to the Townhouse Bar, then we went to this little bar called O'Tooles.  It reminded me of the Maghera in Northern Ireland! :)  Emily calls it the old man's bar, but we love it.  I would be content going there every night I think!  I just loved that it reminded me of the Maghera! So many great memories from that pub in N. Ireland!  

On Saturday, I did some homework/lesson planning in the morning, and then we had class from 2-6...it was soooo boring.  We skyped in so we could hear the lecture that was taking place back in Duluth.  After class we got ourselves ready for the night and we went to dinner for Brendean's birthday.  We went to a place called Cactus Jacks.  The food was very good!  We ordered three pitchers or margaritas to split between the 6 of us. They dimmed the lights and brought out a dessert for Brendean and sang happy birthday to her.  She was very embarrassed but loved it at the same time.  After dinner, we walked down to the Front Door Pub.  We had a drink there and then we started to wander to find another pub or place to go.  We kind of were feeling like trying out a club, so we found one of those people wandering Shop Street, trying to get you to go to their club, and we asked if she could get us in free and she said sure.  So we got in for free!!!   We were the only five people in the bar (Texas went home cause he wasn't feeling good, so it was just us 5 girls)...except for this one guy that had quite the beard and quite the dance moves! He was quite something.  It was fun to be basically the only people in the club for a little while though, even though it was super funny.  We had a great time at the club called Carbon.  We actually met a group of guys who are staying in Cork, who are from Grand Rapids, MN!  How crazy! Speaking of Cork, we have made plans for this next weekend, to spend the whole weekend in Cork!  It should be lots of fun!  

The group at Cactus Jack's for Brendean's Birthday! 

Having fun at club Carbon

Look at his beard and moves!  He was great to watch!


As for today, well just like every Sunday, I spent it doing homework and lesson planning.  fun....not.  

Well since I have been here, two of my friends have gotten engaged! I am so excited for them, and can't wait to do wedding planning with them when I get back!  

<3 Amber 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have gotten behind on the blog since we talked with you on the weekend. Sorry about that. I am sure enjoying living vicariously through you in your weeks in Ireland. What an awesome opportunity. I sure wish that would have been available to me when I was in college. Have a great weekend in Cork! Maybe you'll get to see those people you met the other weekend.
Enjoy your time and be safe (have to say that as the Mom) :)