Hello!
Well its Tuesday...and its already been a long and not so great week..bummer. Well last night we had a traditional Irish dinner consisting of bacon and cabbage and a baked potato (we eat a lot of potatoes). The cabbage was baked. It wasn't too bad. I ate it, just not all of it. There was a lot of it, and I just couldn't eat all of it but I did eat it and would eat it again! Crazy! lol. Tonight we had breakfast again for dinner! :) We requested though to not have the black pudding, we realized what it was and decided we couldn't stomach eating that! haha. but the rest of dinner was delicious! Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and white pudding.
Teaching has been a bit stressful this week. I have started full time teaching this week. It is going well for the most part. I spent 10 hours on Sunday doing homework and planning my lessons. Last night and tonight I have spent the night writing up lessons and doing my homework for classes back home. The subjects that I have been teaching this week are Maths, English, Reading, Spelling, Science, and Writing. For science we were learning about light and sound. One of my experiments/activities needed sunlight and well of course that day there wasn't any sun so we had to do the next days activity on that day...darn weather!
Brendean, Texas (AKA David our new roommate) and I really enjoy watching this show called Bondi Rescue (or something like that). Its a beach lifeguard show, its kinda like a reality show because it is these lifeguards in Australia who are on duty and it shows the different situations that they come across in the day with having to save lives and such. There is one guy on there who is in his fifties and he pretty much tells the people who he saves just what he is thinking. Its kinda funny, and then there is a lifeguard who gets pranked and picked on a lot so that is entertaining. We have definitely grown to watch that show. I am pretty sure we have watched at least one episode a night for the last 4 nights. haha.
Well hope everyone is surviving that snow that I have been reading about online!
<3 Amber
1 comment:
Great to hear all the "new" foods you are trying. This is definitely an adventure you'll remember your entire life. You are a lucky girl :)
Post a Comment