Hello!
Well I am just taking a little homework break right now. This weekend has been a great weekend! On Friday, Brendean and Emily went to the Cinema and saw the film "Black Swan". They said it was quite the movie.. While they were out doing that, Megan and I went over to Cassie's and watched "P.S. I Love You" and had wine and snacks with Miriam. I had never seen the movie, and since it was filmed in Ireland, we thought I should see it! haha. It was a very nice Friday night!
Yesterday, Saturday, we went on another bus tour. We went through the same company as last weekend. We took the Connemara and Cong tour. Again, we stopped at many places along the way, seeing many very neat things! Also, just like last weekend, this bus driver had lots of information to share, and jokes to tell. His jokes were more appropriate than Dezi's jokes but he did make some inappropriate jokes as well just not as frequently as Dezi did! haha. I learned that a lot of movies have been filmed in Ireland, and now I feel as though I must see them all! We saw where the movies "The Field", "The Quiet Man", and "Marley and Me" were filmed all on todays tour!! And then there is "P.S. I Love You" and "Leap Year" for other movies that have been filmed in Ireland, but we just didn't see where they were actually filmed. For instance we saw the house where the old man dies in the film "The Quiet Man". Then we saw a part from Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson's honeymoon in the movie "Marley and Me" along with a hotel or B&B that they stayed in during the movie. For this bus tour we got to see things like the city of Cong, Ross Errily Abbey, Lough Nafooey, Kylemore Abbey, The Quiet Man Bridge. These places were very neat! We also got to see a unique breed of horses called the Connemara Pony. It was the neatest thing, so we see this Connemara Pony, and so the bus stops and the bus driver says lets see if we can race this pony. So we start driving and the pony starts chasing along with the bus! It was so neat! We then stopped and the bus driver asked if we wanted to get out and take a picture of the pony, so we did. Only to learn that when we get out the bus driver gives the pony a treat, a carrot. So the pony has basically learned to chase the bus and it will get a treat! haha. It was still cool though! The views at Kylemore Abbey, were absolutely stunning! The mountains and buildings reflected in the lake like a mirror! Th Abbey itself was huge and very gorgeous!
 |
| "The Quiet Man"'s house |
 |
| Connemara Pony chasing the bus |
 |
| the Connemara Pony |
 |
| A Beautiful view of a lake with sheep in the backround |
 |
| So excited to see the Kylemore Abbey |
 |
| The group at Kylemore Abbey-me, Brendean, Emily, Megan, David, and Cassie |
 |
| look at the reflection in the lake!! |
 |
| Gothic Church out at the Kylemore Abbey |
 |
| Another great reflection in the lake |
 |
So amazingly beautiful
|
Saturday night we all went out to the pub called "The Front Door". It got very crowded there, so we eventually left and went to this other pub called "Fiber Maggies". This place was so much fun! We did a lot of dancing there! :)
Now for today, I will be getting back to homework and lesson planning. I am full-time teaching this week for my 4 second class students! EEk!
No comments:
Post a Comment