(Good luck to all my ECH girls who started their last student teaching placement today!)
Well it was another sunny day in Galway. It has been sunny since Sunday!!! :) There isn't too much to new that has happened since Sunday, just been going to my teaching placement. Although, today I started teaching a Maths (yes there is an S on the end) unit on Time. It starts today and ends with an assessment on Friday! I am just teaching the youngest students that are in the class. There are four of them ages 7-8. Here is something funny from today when I was starting my time lesson with them, I told them to go get a piece of scratch paper and a pencil and bring it to the back table..well they started laughing really hard, and said its "scrap" paper not "scratch" paper. So I had to explain to them that some of the words they use are not the same as what I use. That different places use different words. Even with this explanation they still thought it was so funny. I heard one of my students jokingly say as they were up getting their paper "does your paper have a scratch on it?!" Then when I was teaching them about time and being a 1/4 after and a 1/4 to, I got them confused for a split second. They say a 1/4 past not a 1/4 after. So there are soooo many things that I say differently, that I need to change for when I am teaching. Also, the last week when I had to tell them that they had to actually listen to me, I had said the word goofy or goof off, and they thought it was so funny. It must not be a word they use..or it means something that I don't know... :/ Well I need to get back to writing lesson plans, I have to finish prepping and writing my time lessons for the week, my eye lesson, my history of chocolate lesson, and my other math classes' lesson for tomorrow!
Take Care!
<3 Amber
2 comments:
Hey Amber,
I've been chuckling while reading about your trip! Where are your home and school located? We stayed at Petra House on College Rd., so we were close enough to walk downtown. You must be in a different direction since you need a bus.
Your pictures make me reminisce and feel envious!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
~Janet
Grandma is going to try and skype with you. Janet had put it on the computer awhile ago, but they haven't used it yet. So, watch for them to be in contact with you :)
Post a Comment