Sunday, January 9, 2011

First full day in Galway

Hello!

Well I eventually fell asleep last night after some tossing and turning.  The whole time difference made it a bit hard to fall asleep.  Guess what!?!?!  I am now a tea drinker!  I will fit in just perfectly since they love tea here! :)

This morning Brendean and I had toast for and tea for breakfast.  It was very nice.  Steve our landloard is only here on the weekends.  Today we met him.  He seemed very nice and he likes things neat, which is good cause so do I!  haha  After breakfast, we went across the street (which is more like a culdesac) to Miriam's house to visit her and Cassie.  Soon after Megan and Emily came over and the five of us went into Galway, with Miriam as our tour guide. I am still getting used to driving on the opposite side of the road.  The streets are very narrow here and we all feel like accidents would happen often but Miriam said they really don't.   Oh and I forgot to mention this morning when I was getting ready, my one outlet adapter stopped working so I went to use the other one that I brought and it doesn't work...so that wasn't good.  So when we went into town, we were on a mission to find a new adapter, but let me tell you that was very hard.    Not many stores carry adapters for those coming from America to Ireland.  They more have adapters for if you are leaving Ireland going to America or a different country..but good news after about four stores we finally found one! Phew, otherwise my blogs would have ended very quickly! haha.
On our way to town, Miriam showed us where our schools are and where probably would be getting off the bus at...so hopefully I make it there and back tomorrow!! In town today we got cell phones!  So I now have an Irish number (just so you know my regular cell phone is deactivated so dont try and text or call it--it wont work).  The phone is a pay as you go phone but we have free calling and texting to those who have the same phone as us, which the five of us got the same phone so that is good.  The cost of the phone plus the 20 minutes that we purchased was 29 euros, so not too bad at all!  Don't be disappointed but today we didn't really eat any Irish foods, we had Burger King for lunch and then frozen pizza's for dinner. haha.

Taking the bus.....boy reading these time tables and figuring out what bus to take and where to get off is very complicated.  We ended up missing the bus we had wanted to take back to the house, so we went to the pub and got a cider.  It was a nice way to pass the time.  Now here I sit, getting ready for bed and my first day of teaching.  Hopefully catching the bus tomorrow will go well.  Wish me luck!

<3 Amber

My bed

My house

Brendean, Cassie, and me at the pub waiting for the bus

No comments: