Hello. Today I am just exhausted. I only got about 3.5hrs of sleep last night. I just couldn't sleep, I kept tossing and turning last night. This morning Brendean made sausage and bacon for breakfast for the two of us. The bus this morning was a nightmare. I ended up lost in Galway by myself. I couldn't get a hold of Miriam and Louise on my mobile, but then Louise did end up calling me and got me to my school through directions. So by that point I just wanted to go home and not go to school. Another girl had some problems getting to and from school as well. She missed her bus stop in the morning and had to walk back to her school with the directions from the bus driver and then on her way home, she got off too early and so Miriam had to go pick her up cause she didn't know where she was..so we all kind of had quite the day with taking the bus. My cooperating teacher is named Shirley Ford. She is actually the principal at the school. She teaches a combined class. There are three or four different grades in the class, but there are only 11 students total in the class. I am not sure how I feel about this placement. It is a bit overwhelming trying to figure out how she teaches three to four classes in one. The students do a lot of workbook learning activities. I actually feel that the students teach themselves more than the teacher does..so I don't really know what I will be teaching. Today my teacher only taught 2 lessons to the class (1 for the whole class, and 1 for one of the groups of students)..which makes me wonder how much will I really be teaching? Today during P.E. I played ping pong with the students. It was pretty fun. The school day is from 9:00-2:30. The bus ride home went well. I didn't get lost and I found the buses that I needed to get on! :)
For supper, Miriam made Salmon, baked potatoes and peas. I actually did eat half of my piece of Salmon! Let me tell you, Ireland is making me eat/drink things I never would have (tea, Salmon, etc). I am thinking that I will sleep well tonight after not sleeping well last night and having the day that I did.
Here is an interesting thing that I forgot to share with you from yesterday when we were out shopping: We learned that when in town if you want to use the public restrooms that are in Eyre Square or in other places you must pay to use them! I think that is just crazy to have to pay to go to the bathroom! So note to self, if going into town, go to the bathroom before! haha.
Well tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it goes better!
<3 Amber
No comments:
Post a Comment