Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1 and 2

Hello Everyone!  
Well yesterday we left for Ireland at 7:55am and arrived today at 8:30am.  The flights went very well--minus the part where we had a 10hr layover in Chicago.  That got pretty long, but the other 3 girls and I took turns napping and watching our luggage, eating lunch at Chili's and just wandering around the Chicago Airport.  

So today after we arrived in Dublin we had to wait around for our bus to arrive.  When we got to our bus we saw that it was to have free wi-fi, which was true except that as soon as we started moving the internet connection was gone...so we were all a little bummed about that.  The bus ride from Dublin to Galway took about 3 hours.  So we arrived at the Galway bus station at 2:15pm.  One of the lady's who we are staying with (Miriam) and another lady who helped get us into the schools (Louise) met us at the bus station and drove us to our houses.  Brendean and I have our own rooms at Steve's house, and Cassie has her own room at Miriam's which is just across the street from us.  Miriam will be making food for my house and her house! :)  Emily and Megan are at a different house, which we heard is about 10 minutes away from us.  

When we got to our house Brendean and I flipped a coin to decide which room we would each get.  I got the small room, but I will manage.  So far our house is pretty cold.  The heat doesn't run all the time, and so when we were getting ready for bed we realized that boy our house was wayyyyyyy cold, just to learn that it shuts off because it is on a timer. So now we have fixed that and it should be running when we are home! phew!  It's about 7:35pm right now and I am so exhausted from traveling and the lack of sleep the last two nights, that I will probably go to bed soon! 

Take care!  
<3 Amber

No comments: