Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Sunny Sunday! :)

Cassie, Megan, Brendean, and I waiting for the bus to town
Hello!

Today we woke up and the sun was shining!  We knew the day would be good.  We caught the 1:15 bus into town.  We had intended on going to see the play "Sleeping Beauty" at the town hall theatre, but when we got there they only had three tickets left.. :(   We were all a bit bummed because we were so looking forward to seeing a that play.  So instead we wandered around Shop Street again.  We went into some very expensive stores, but they had such cute things!!  We also took a walk down by the river and then over to the Galway Cathedral.  The cathedral was so big and beautiful!  I don't think I have ever seen a church that big!  The inside of the church was just gorgeous.  There were a lot of lovely stain glass windows in the cathedral.  The river was a very fast moving river.  They had Ringbuoy's every so often that if someone fell in you could throw to them, but I am thinking that with that fast current by the time you threw the Ringbuoy out they would be long gone..but I guess maybe it would work.  We ate in a cafe off Shop Street today.  It was a very nice cafe.  Tomorrow is a new and busy week of teaching for me.
As we were walking up to the Galway Cathedral


Galway Cathedral

Piano Organ Pipes and the beautiful stained glass window

There were many windows like this one that lined the walls of the Cathedral 

The center of the Cathedral

The raging river!

<3 Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the pix. Nice to "see" a little of your day