Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cliffs of Moher

Hello!

Sorry I didn't do much blogging this week.  I was very busy with planning for teaching, so I could have some fun this weekend! :)  And that I did!

My week of teaching went pretty well.  I taught a unit on Time, I taught another unit on Area, and a lesson the history of chocolate, and then a lesson on the Eye.  My students seemed to really enjoy the chocolate lesson.  They told me I should have brought some chocolate to eat with the lesson, and that if we learn about food again, I need to bring food to eat! haha.

Now for this weekend!!!  On Friday night, we just stayed in.  Emily and Megan were going to catch the 9:15 bus to our house but it never showed up....so we came to the conclusion that on Friday's there is no 9:15 bus because last Friday it never came to pick Cassie and I up to bring us into town.  On Saturday,  the five of us went on a bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher.  Our bus driver was an old man and he was super funny.  He was telling us stories and cracking jokes the whole way there.  He had many great things to share with us.  On our way to the Cliffs we stopped at a castle, we stopped just on the side of the road when going up the mountain to take pictures, stopped at this other castle where this lady killed her six husbands for their money, and at a tomb that was out with the cows!  So when we were out visiting the tomb, we were just wandering around with the cows.  They were more scared of us, but we could get pretty close!!  Also along our drive we saw some adorable baby sheep!  Dezi made a special stop there so we could take pictures.  The whole time we were stopped there he was making the sheep's Baaa sound.  It was hilarious.  Just before lunch we stopped at an old catholic church.  For lunch we stopped at a pub, and the first thing we saw when we walked in was a MN License plate! :)
all of us girls at the castle

the view at the stop when going up the mountain

Our travel companions on the bus, courtesy of Dezi

Oh HEY mr. cow!

Cassie and I at the Tomb

Emily, Dezi, Brendean.   he loved us MN girls

Baaa Baaaa baby sheep!! :)

The house of the lady who had 6 husbands

The catholic church that we stopped at

Haha The Matchmaker Bar...it is exactly what its name is! 

Yay Minnesota in the pub that we ate at for lunch on the tour
Now for the Cliffs of Moher!!!  It was spectacular!  There are two sides you can walk to.  One side has a tower that you can pay to go up in, and the other side is just a walking path that ends and it is your option to continue walking, but its not advised because there is no wall to keep you safe on the cliff.  Dezi said last year there were 14 deaths at the cliffs.  There is even a memorial there in memory of those who have lost their lives!  There were at least three different signs posted all around warning you about the dangers of the cliffs.
Cliffs of Moher

Me and the Cliffs of Moher

The Tower

So I guess I should be careful?!  

Absolutely beautiful!  

Love the waves crashing in on the cliffs in this one! 

Such a lovely view! 

The view from the one side looking towards the tower

The Memorial

A beautiful sunset to end the tour! 
To end a wonderful day of touring, we went out the the Kings Head Pub.  It was a lot of fun.  We met some Irish guys, who were in town for Rugby.  It was a very fun night out! Until next time!

<3 Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Wow! The photos are awesome. What a great day you guys had. Fun to meet some new people too :) Gotta love the name of the Matchmaker Bar. Maybe you girls will frequent that again some weekend.