Happy Friday!
Well I made it through my first week of teaching in Ireland. Today, I taught a lesson on the brain. It went pretty good. One of my oldest students said to me "that was a lot of fun". That was so nice to hear! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment with the upcoming week's teaching. Next week I will be teaching about the eye, and teaching a unit on time. So I have a lot of planning to do this weekend, along with figuring out the history/geography unit that I would like to teach later on in my time here. Yesterday, I was left in charge of the class for quite a long time because my cooperating teacher had to be out of the room (because she is the principal too) to deal with some flooding and leaks. So during that time, I really had to show that I was a teacher and that they needed to listen to me...it was a bit difficult because they were just constantly talking which they are supposed to be silent...so I had to explain that I was going to be here for 9 weeks, and would be teaching so they needed to listen to me. haha. It sort of worked but they were still very chatty compared to when their teacher is in the room.
Tonight for dinner Miriam made Lasagna. It was pretty good. We had fruit and ice cream for dessert, which was just what I needed! :) Also, when Miriam went to the grocery store, she bought us some chocolate chip cookies! I cannot wait to have one later on for a snack! :) Tonight we are planning on going out in Galway. We aren't really sure where we are going to go but we intend to go out. Well I think I am going to go and take a nap before we go out. Have a great Friday everyone!
<3 Amber
1 comment:
YEH it's Friday here too :) Great to skype with you. You are having good experiences to help prepare you for being a teacher. Each day will be a different day. Like life, some easier, some harder. Just keep a positive outlook and things will go a lot smoother. You are so very fortunate to get to experience life through the eyes of an Irish student.
Post a Comment